Thursday 21 August 2014

Passion or obsession

21st August 2014


Do I think about riding all the time? Yes. 

Have I started to look at Ordinance Survey maps to find new trails and paths a lot? Yes. 

Do I continue searching the net for new clothing and parts I don't yet need? Always. 

Do I own more parts & spares than my LBS? Not yet. 


Where to draw the line at where a favourite hobby becomes a 'healthy' obsession? 


Well for a start I've never written a blog about anything before. Even though I started taking photos in 2010, I never felt the need to talk about it. You do it, you research how to get better at it, take some more and sometimes post them online with a description or witty caption. 
But I had the urge to capture something about cycling, a little bit more than just taking a photo of it. Maybe because my memory is terrible and want to remind myself of the highs and lows? Possibly but I'll come back to that. 


Ok I've thought about it..I wanted it to be my thing. Still search input from online users about the best way of going about certain things or opinions, but generally pursue Mountain Biking how I would enjoy it. I mean what's the point in doing it someone else's way or heading to places that don't interest you or adding unnecessary parts that don't suit your riding style? This is how Alex would do it. 


I haven't even read another blog before. As I write this I don't even have any followers so am not specifically writing for anyone other than myself. But anyway, back to the point...


Passion, obsession or whatever it is. This is my muddy, foresty trail of what I like about it, how it makes me feel and why I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment