Tuesday 9 September 2014

Shouldn't celebrate early but..

9th September 2014


Fitting a new front derailleur cable went surprising well, around 2 hours work instead of the half a week I'd anticipated. 
It appears a genuine interest in maintenance hasn't failed me yet!


Took the girl for a short spin yesterday eve to test my new bike lights (I'll explain about those soon) there was still a little chain rub in certain gears which was rectified this morning.
Can't describe how lovely it feels to have achieved a silky smooth shifting set-up!

Yes I'm expecting the cable to stretch over the next few rides but getting even this far is a new milestone for me. 


On another note..hand washing my jersey and shorts was very relaxing! Had read it's best to clean only when necessary, but even then just very delicately to preserve it's lifespan. 


Ooh and the Clif Bars arrived!
Very handy to stick a couple in your bag in case of emergency..


Packaged, They last for ages so can just leave in your saddle bag or backpack for months for peace of mind. Not affected by heat like chocolate etc, just great natural ingredients for a bit more poke!


No comments:

Post a Comment