Monday 8 September 2014

The Sunday Pie Run

7th September 2014


Definitely the best ride by far today. 


Ordinance Survey maps are great for discovering routes you never knew existed or wondered where they'd lead to. 
Chose a route that would take me around the village I grew up then end up at a suitable destination for my favourite pie and ice cream!


Started off repairing a puncture from Friday afternoon's ride along a bramble and nettle infested disused railway line. Whilst riding today, I couldn't stop smiling from the excitement knowing how happy Mountain Biking is making me. 
Bit it's not just the riding! It's the cleaning, maintaining, memories and wondering what the next adventure will bring. 
Today my frame was making this horrendous squeaking which appeared to be coming from the rear suspension brackets. Immediate thought was either the bearings are on their way out, the frame has cracked or just needs some grease. But, after pulling over to investigate further, it turns out it was just my seat was a little loose and was rubbing against the seat clamp! Swiftly grabbed my handy multi-tool, inserted a 5mm Allen key and within minutes the steed and I were back down the road extatic with another successful mechanical repair. 

My only gripe today was my gears. My chain is currently rubbing against the front derailleur cage indicating adjustment need to be made real soon. 
Unfortunately the cable I need to tension has frayed over time so a new one should be on my doorstep tomorrow. 
It's regarded as the most complicated part of the bike to set up so quite looking forward to the challenge!


Also my quads started to cramp towards the end of the ride but putting that down to fatigue for now. More riding is needed!


My favourite new toy I used today was a Topeak Tribag from Halfords!
Was getting quite frustrated having to get my phone from my backpack every few minutes for navigation or taking photos (which is getting increasingly common now) so needed it within easy reach. 



There's several normal cycling accessories that won't fit to my particular frame such as a water bottle cage, pump or kick stand. But fortunately the Tribag was destined to sit below my seat for easy access, even whilst riding. 



Here's my photos from riding today!






































































No comments:

Post a Comment